It's time. And we are still lazy. Perhaps it is the hot weather, however our research team is still behind on understanding all of the teams' coaching changes, position changes, new players, and strategies in the great SEC to have a detailed prediction of Week 1. So we'll just allow our slothful ways limit the insight and go with our (also slothful) guts do the picking for us until we get a better feel for how the teams will perform on the field.
Appalachian State @ (9) Tennessee - Oops, we were on the treadmill for this game. However, we will admit that while we would have predicted a Tennessee win, overtime would have never crossed our minds.. not even for a second.
South Carolina @ Vanderbilt - Ah, SEC vs SEC on Week 1 - we love it. We also would have loved to written this earlier, however we had South Carolina by 14 instead of 3.
Now to put on our Nostradamus hats on....
South Alabama @ Mississippi State - MSU by 17. The coaches need this victory more than the fanbase does.
Missouri @ West Virginia - Yikes... This one is tough. Missouri is "down", yet WVU likes to lose early each season. WVU pulls this one off at home though by 3.
(5) LSU @ Wisconsin - Lambeau Field is hosting its first college game since 1983? Sounds crazy, but if so... Wisconsin fever is down in Madison (whether they want to admit it or not) and for good reason. LSU enjoys the warm turf before it gets cold and runs away with a 12-point victory.
(16) UCLA @ Texas A&M - Ummmmm, try to represent the SEC, Aggies. Unfortunately the conference takes a small blow to its credibility. Bruins by 10.
LA Tech @ Arkansas - A new look to a backfield. The loss of a fabulous tight end. Some great departures including quarterback. New additions also looking to contribute. How will this group in Fayetteville begin the 2016 campaign? The Era of Allen, Part Two, begins with a RAZORBACKS victory. HOGS by 31. Wait... John L Smith is gone, correct?
(18) Georgia @ (22) North Carolina - New coaches.... New philosophy... new first game loss for the Bulldogs.
UMass @ (25) Florida - Steve Spurrier being back in town gives the Gators a twenty-four point advantage at the start. Florida doesn't need it and adds fourteen more to it. The "OBC" witnesses a 38-point victory.
Southern Miss @ Kentucky - Too tough to call. We flipped a coin - Kentucky was tails. Odds are in their favor today. Wildcats by 7.
(20) USC @ (1) Alabama: Game of the Week - Alabama has something to prove. So does USC. Alabama does a better job of proving their point. Alabama is just too powerful, better coached, and ranked because of what they have done recently, not on their name alone. We are winking right at you, USC. Enjoy your loss. Crimson Tide by 17... no 18.
(2) Clemson @ Auburn - Dear Gus, What is this burning sensation? Signed: Your Seat. Tigers by 10... Oops... Clemson by 10.
(11) Ole Miss @ (4) Florida State - This was almost our GOTW since it will probably be a lot more competitive that USC @ Bama. Unfortunately, we did not want our first Game of the Week of 2016 to be an SEC loss. Seminoles by 14. Sorry Rebs - prove us wrong... PLEASE!
Copy the link and share to Facebook, Twitter, or any of your favorite social media sites.